WBC Raid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encourage a school Principal to counterprotest WBC

4 posters

Go down

Encourage a school Principal to counterprotest WBC Empty Encourage a school Principal to counterprotest WBC

Post  EC Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Anon here from Maryland. Found info that WBC will be at a local school on March 1. Principal is known as a reasonable and tolerant man, so I figured he would listen to us if we were respectful and acted like gentlemen.

I notified principal of Hyattsville school to protest, asked him to counter the protests with tolerance. If any of you could write him a nice email informing him of the following points, I'm sure he'll respond positively and mount an appropriate response.
Tell Principal Thomas: jthomas@pgcps.org
That the WBC will be at his school from 9 am to 9:30 am on March 1, 2011.
Give him the link below.

Be respectful, use your real name, and tell him where you live, what school you go to, and your reasoning behind emailing him. Be organized, use clear grammar and spelling.
Make this legitimate and valid, so he is more likely to listen.
If this works, Anon gets a school-full of helpers.

EC

Back to top Go down

Encourage a school Principal to counterprotest WBC Empty Re: Encourage a school Principal to counterprotest WBC

Post  Admin Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Where's the link?

Admin
Admin

https://wbcraid.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Encourage a school Principal to counterprotest WBC Empty Re: Encourage a school Principal to counterprotest WBC

Post  EC Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Admin wrote:Where's the link?

Email is as follows:
jthomas@pgcps.org

Compose your own letter with the info in the first post in this thread.
Thanks for the weight of your support, Admin.

~EC
EC
EC

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymous2020 Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Letter sent.

For those who send letters, I would play it up as a learning experience for the students to learn to stand up for what they believe in. People generally eat that stuff up.

Anonymous2020

Back to top Go down

Post  EC Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Anonymous2020 wrote:Letter sent.

For those who send letters, I would play it up as a learning experience for the students to learn to stand up for what they believe in. People generally eat that stuff up.

Excellent. Thank you for your support.

~EC
EC
EC

Back to top Go down

Post  EC Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50r0CnKq7_k&feature=related

Please, send an email. Make Principal Thomas aware of what's coming to Maryland.
EC
EC

Back to top Go down

Post  anonlegi Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Two questions: What if it doesn't work? And should we give fake names because wouldn't giving them our real name defeat the purpose of being anon?

I think it's a good idea to begin with, but it will only arouse temporary support for a few weeks, and then all the excitement would die down. What we should do is target other areas where the WBC will protest at. This would surely have a larger effect than just targeting one high school. You can look at their schedule here:

I picked these out mainly because they target schools. I don't think we'll be able to reach King High School or UWisconsin in time though.
King High School in Tampa, FL February 23, 2011 6:50 AM - 7:20 AM
University of Wisconsin-Manitowoc in Manitowoc, WI February 24, 2011 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM
Northwestern High School in Hyattsville, MD March 1, 2011 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Gunderson High School in San Jose, CA March 4, 2011 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM
Tartan High School in Oakdale, MN March 31, 2011 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM

Of course we would need to plan this out more elaborately, but I'm just suggesting that we should arouse support from these high schools. What do you guys think?

anonlegi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 pm

"Northwestern High School in Hyattsville, MD March 1, 2011 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Gunderson High School in San Jose, CA March 4, 2011 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM
Tartan High School in Oakdale, MN March 31, 2011 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM"

Are the ones we have time to convince them to conter-protest.
Can anyone get the emails of there principles for we can try do some convincing?

If we keep getting temporary protests against them then sometime or another more people will band together against WBC, if we get some counter-protests going then we can use these as examples that we can take them down.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  anonislegion Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 pm

For Northernwestern High School, the principal's email is jthomas@pgcps.org; his name is Mr. Jerome Thomas.

For Tartan Senior High School: jbezek@isd622.org. His name is Dr. John Bezek. It'd be more professional if we address him with Dr.

I can't find Gunderson High School's email, I can only find that his name is Dominic Bejarano.

Also, like anonlegi said, do we HAVE to use our real names? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being anon?

anonislegion

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:44 pm

anonislegion wrote:For Northernwestern High School, the principal's email is jthomas@pgcps.org; his name is Mr. Jerome Thomas.

For Tartan Senior High School: jbezek@isd622.org. His name is Dr. John Bezek. It'd be more professional if we address him with Dr.

I can't find Gunderson High School's email, I can only find that his name is Dominic Bejarano.

Also, like anonlegi said, do we HAVE to use our real names? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being anon?

We don't. Only if you want too you can. I say that you shouldn't, but you can if you want.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EC Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 am

I see your point. Anon is better.
EC
EC

Back to top Go down

Post  EC Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 am

I have been unable to to find Principal Bejarano's email. Is it a good idea to place a phone call to the school warning them of the picket?

Any better way to contact them?
EC
EC

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:24 am

Fax? Telephone calls? Hmmmm.... That's all i can think of right now.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum